Check Out Your Roof before Calling a Roofing Contractor; Imperial Beach CA Experts Tell You What to Do
Run a quick check of your roof before setting up a meeting with a roofing contractor; Imperial Beach CA professionals will take it from there. It is recommended that you have roof inspected twice a year, in spring and autumn. If you are too busy or you simply do not like to get up on the roof, you can call a roofing contractor – Imperial Beach CA has a great number of professionals that can do it for you.
However, if you would like to have a general idea of what could be wrong with your roof, there are a few simple things you can do, before calling for an inspection. The inspector will run a more thorough check and come up with solutions, but, if you do not have serious damages, only clogged gutters for example, you can schedule the intervention directly when calling the roofing contractor, Imperial Beach CA having a lot of experts that are up for the job.
Ten Signs of a Worn Roof
When checking for signs of a damaged roof, you should perform both inside and outside inspections. The damages you find inside might be related to the ones outside, but not necessarily, so you better pay attention to both sides. Here are a few things you should look out for when performing a roof inspection – they will determine the type of intervention you will need from the roofing contractor, Imperial Beach CA professionals covering a wide range of services in this field.
On the inside:
- A sagged roof deck – check closely if the frame is solid, as any damage to it could put at risk the whole roof;
- Water leaks – water can seriously damage the roof deck and the floor of your attic as well;
- Dark spots – in case you have mold or algae, you will be able to detect some dark spots on the interior surface of the roof;
- Places where the sunlight comes in through the roof – this is a clear sign of cracks in the roof; you will probably find signs of leakage around, as well.
On the outside:
- Damaged or even missing shingles or tiles – closely examine the tiles or shingles and look for cracks; buckled and curled shingles are also signs of a worn roof;
- Loose flashing – if you have discovered signs of leakage on the inside, a loose flashing might be the cause;
- Granule loss – if you find shingle granules in large amounts, it means your roof is weak and can no longer offer the needed protection;
- Clogged gutters – leaves, debris and shingle granules can clog your gutters, thus preventing the water from your roof to go down;
- Inefficient ventilation – check all the vents and make sure they offer proper ventilation;
- Mold or rot – greenish or dark areas can be spotted immediately and should not be taken lightly.
If your roof shows any of these signs, call us, at Roof King, anytime. Known as the most reliable roofing contractor Imperial Beach CA hosts, we will take care of your roofing needs with professionalism and promptitude.